Old 05-06-2010, 08:02 PM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by quilt addict
Ok, I jumped in with both feet. Here is the singer 201K, I think, from Japan. It has the original box the motor came in and it is installed. She runs but definately needs some cleaning and lubrication. I am going to call her Mitsuko after the original owner. Also has a buttonhole attachment. My problem is the manuals, there in Japanese :-o . This will be another project to work through the tutorial with Billy.

I did run her and she purred after the belt softened up a bit. However there is an ozone smell so not sure if the motor has a problem.

Enjoy the pictures!
Sweetie I can do a lot of things but translating Japanese is not one of them!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am in LUST over your machine!!!! Yes I said it LUST!!!!!

You hit the jackpot on this machine and I will tell you it is a completely different animal than the 185J. Oh man I am going nuts over this one!!!! I would put it back treadle and save the motor and the box and all. But ozone is normal to smell when dealing with the older motors. Eventually it will go away after repeated use, but MAN I am in LUST, LOVE or what ever over it!!!!!

I have got to find me one some how, thanks to you guys my wish list is growing like crazy!!!

Billy