View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 08:34 PM
Pamela Artman

Ok, you have half the battle won already... the motivation!! You can do this!! If it were me, I'd start by buying (or cleaning off) shelves. Book shelves in your sewing room for fabric and quilt books, and big metal or plastic shelves in the basement for "stuff". Start with 3 boxes or bags, one for trash, one for sell/donate, one for keep/put away in other rooms. Set your timer and work for short periods like sharon suggested. Work as fast as you can, putting stuff you want to keep on your shelves and when your time is up, take the trash out, put the garage sale or donate stuff in the garage, and put anything that goes in other rooms away where it belongs. Take a break, get a cup of coffee or tea, read a quilt magazine, and then tackle it for another short period. I've been amazed when doing this how much you can get done in 20 - 30 min! Even if you only do one session a day, it will be done before you know it! Too often we look at a huge job like this and think we need a long weekend to do it all, and it never gets done! If you have a garage sale when you're done, you also get to have some extra money for your trip!