View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 09:44 PM
Gerbie

n2scraplvr
I love your quilt and tute. Thanks so much. I went back and check your other posts, and love the stories of your family. Both of my parents are gone now, we were a small close knit family, just my parents, my brother and me. Now it's just my brother and me. We live about 200 miles apart, but talk almost daily on the phone, sometimes several times a day. Family memories mean so much. Mother died in 1990 and Daddy in 2004. I luckily made my mother a king size quillow with her favorite flower and color machine embd. on the pocket, a large red rose. I made it about 10 years before she passed away and gave it to her as a birthday and combination Mother's Day gift, her bday was May 18. I had not really started qulting at that time, but made Mother and my MIL both one. My MIL 's had a large yellow rose on the pocket, her favorite color, but she wasn't as appreciative of hers as was my Mother. She didn't sew and I guess didn't realize how much trouble and time was put into it. She passed away about a year and a half ago, and no one knew where the quillow was, I wanted to keep it for my DH. Our daughter is living in MIL's house in another town, and while over there visiting, I saw the pocket of the quillow in the yard, DD's young dog, had it out and was laying on it. The pocket had been cut off of the quilt, you could tell and none of us knew where it had been, but think it was in one of the storage buildings with some old things that were stored. DD's dog is constantly dragging thisngs out of some of the storage buildings if he can get into the buildings.I was furious and also crushed to think this had happened. When I took the scrap of the pocket into the house and showed my DH, he was also angry. Oh, Well water under the bridge now. I still have my Mother's. I also made a king size log cabin for my Dad for BDay & Father's day the year after Mother died. I still have his. I thought I would give these to my DD and DS. Both were very close to my parents, and both would appreciate them. I think you should keep you HAPPY Lappy since you apparently did it as a memory quilt so to speak, and list it that way for your family. Love your quilt and stories. Sorry for the long reply, but your stories brought back these memories and I just had to vent I guess. Gerbie