View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 04:36 AM
quiltinghere

The others have great ideas and like to add that
I'd CONCENTRATE on cleaning (and very little sewing fun) until everything was DONE so I could get that FAMILY HEIRLOOM into my house.

Turn on the music and start with a trash bag - start in ONE CORNER and walk around and throw out the obvious trash. Take things that are in your sewing area that shouldn't be in your sewing area - out of your sewing area. If you have to go back to the room start IN THE SAME CORNER. PUT A PURPOSE to your room! This step may take you 30 minutes or 3 hours - only you know.

If it's near lunchtime have something quick and light and make sure you include some type of DESSERT!!! Gotta have the sweet for the afternoon work session!

Then like Sesame Street - PUT LIKES TOGETHER - patterns here, totes of yardage here - bins of FQ there - threads here - etc.

Once things are ORGANIZED TOGETHER you'll find more motivation to QUICKLY get through one pile at a time and toss or donate or save. BUT at this point your area may be LOOKING PRETTY GOOOD!!! and may qualify you for a ROADTRIP!

If necessary, have something for dinner and keep at it or work on it the next day! Unless you have a quilt that HAS to be done in this coming week, I'd put off sewing to get the family heirloom in my house!

You can do it! You can do it! Take before and after pictures - We'd love to see them!