View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 06:39 AM
Lyn4ty

Originally Posted by butterflywing
Originally Posted by Lyn4ty
I have a question on flannel too. I have already made my quilt and just finishing the binding on it. It's completely flannel, except batting, and never been washed. Am I going to have huge problem on my hands?
if the flannel width and length is going in the same direction on both sides it will be better that not. if the batting wasn't washed and also shrinks some, that will help, too. but you will still have shrinkage on the flannel. since you didn't do any prep, i would never wash in hot water, if possible, only cold. only tumble dry gently and grab it out of there to finish drying in the air. if it's a gift, write everything down on the label or gift card. it will end up smaller than when it started out. good luck with it.

Thanks for the help. Not a gift, it's for me so no matter what I won't mind too much. I always wash in cold so that is not a problem either. The quilt is so large it won't matter if it shrinks a bit actually. If it is not horrid, I will post pictures, been working on this thing for about six years, yikes! Thanks again!