View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 08:07 AM
kathy

when someone has a problem with their machine the first thing I say is "rethread it" that solves a LOT of problems. Well I was sure that wouldn't fix my problem with my Janome 6600P. I used the auto thread cutter, got up and pressed the seam, sat back down and the top thread just wadded up "somewhere" down there around the thread cutter. I took it apart and cleaned real good, none too soon either. I oiled it up and tried again, same thing.. I was really upset becasue she's only 3 mos. old and I'm 75 miles from the dealer. Well I cleaned house and pouted for 4 days untill I had the time to go, so I called the day before to see what time he gets in, he answered the phone and said he gets in at 10 o'clock. I said I'd be there to meet him so he asked what was her symptoms, I told him and he said "did you rethread?", I said "NO I think it's hanging on the thread cutter somehow, he said No the thread came out of the takeup lever, I said hold on, let me look, well what do you know? :oops: So now I'm happily sewing again and still have all my money that I would have spent at the quilt store. I can't believe my bff didn't insist that I do that but she probably figured I did before I started whinning.