View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 04:44 PM
Evangeline

I've been sort of lurking around the forum for a few days, reading your threads, getting a feel for the community and admiring all the wonderful pictures of quilts and projects.
I began my first quilting project a couple years ago. It's just a star block in my favorite fall colors and IF I ever finish it, I will proudly hang it on my wall for all to see. I have learned that my level of patience and skill warrants handtying or machine quilting in the ditch, or quilt as you go/sew type stuff. However, visiting here has inspired me to dig out that fall star of mine. I might just finish it afterall! ;)
My current project is a charm quilt using a variety of $1 per yard plaid upholstery weight fabrics & upcycled denim from old jeans I've outgrown or worn out. I am tying most of it, but will hand or machine quilt something one might find on a back pocket in each of the corner squares...
I'm excited to be participating in a postage stamp square swap I found here. I have been admiring the postage stamp quilt pictured on the cover of the LL Bean Home catalog. I think the swap will give me a great start.
You seem like a very nice group of ladies - I look forward to getting to know you! ~Vangy