Old 05-07-2010, 05:06 PM
LovingIzabella

Okay Ladies and Gentleman :-)
I received an F8 from Neoma today and a fabulous block from ReRe-thank you so much. I am going to post pictures of all of my blocks as soon as I find where the camera decided to up and walk away to lol

Now just for some gentle reminders which I like to do from time to time.

1). This swap is meant to be fun for everyone. It is designed for ALL levels of quilters and as such is not meant to be criticized. Everyone started somewhere. We should love all of the blocks we received because someone spent time on them just for YOU. If you have concern about a block you received please pm ME. We NEVER want to discourage a beginning quilter-we want to gently guide them in the right direction. As hostess of the swap I endeavor to make sure people have a good time and LEARN from this swap. This swap is a great tool for those who are beginners to look at blocks as they come in from more experienced quilters and see where they may be able to change things and do things differently.
2). When making blocks please check your seams. Just give them a glance to make sure the fabrics caught properly and there are no missed seams leaving holes somewhere. Most seams should be a scant quarter inch.
3). If using fabric put your hand under it. If your hand is very visible that is generally a good indication that the fabric may not wear well and the block could disintegrate quicker over time with washing. One of the hardest lessons to learn after you have put a lot of work in to something, is to wash it and it is threadbare :-(
4). All people can not shop in the LQS. The best fabric someone can afford is acceptable for this swap (taking in to consideration number 3 above).
5). We are not here to judge-we are here to encourage growth and love of quilting :-)

If anyone has any questions, concerns or comments as always please bring them to me :-)

I thank you all again for swapping-this swap really is a blast to see the different levels and learn from!
Hugs
April