View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 06:43 PM
raptureready

I'm so thrilled!!! Tonight I attended a Judy Martin trunk show at our wonderful LQS, Threads of Time in Danville Illinois. It was the grand opening of their big new conference center. There were 100 quilters all in one big beautiful well-lit room. Judy brought so many quilts! The room was lined with her quilts and there was a huge stack of folded ones too. After she spoke about each quilt on the wall the "quilt boys" (husbands of ladies that work at Threads) went up and start unfolding and holding up each quilt as she talked about it. Then we had door prizes (I won one!!! YEA!!) and a book signing. If any of you ever get the chance to go to one of her speaking engagements DO IT!!! She was hilariously funny and very personable. If any of you ever get the chance to get a group together for a retreat check out Threads and Beds---a wonderful and inexpensive (only $35 a night) place to stay and sew. If any of you ever get the chance to even stop in at their store it's a super place to visit.