View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 06:59 AM
vicki reno

This project has certainly been a challenge! I got Tricia's log cabin panel a week ago and have been scratching my head ever since trying to figure out what to do. First of all you can never have too much fabric, sooooo I bought more! I found some lucious batiks at the Bernina store! One yard for me and 1 yard for her top! Share and share alike right? :lol: I had a huge book of 500 quilt blocks that is published by Better Homes and Gardens and picked out the Streak of Lightening block. I hunted all over Raleigh for Thangles and most fabric stores had never heard of them! So I got out the graph paper and drew some half square triangles and started working on it only to discover a faster way to do the border. All these half square triangles sewn together ended up being flying geese! I found in my sewing room a flying geese ruler put out by Quilt in a Day and amazingly enough, the directions too! So I have been making flying geese like crazy. The border consists of two prs of flying geese. They are opposites of each other in that there is one dark and one light one and they sit on top of each other andmake the lightening bolt. I am no where ready to post a picture yet, but now after worrying and pondering for a while week, I am fired up and excited. I am into something that I may never have pushed myself to do before and that's great! I am having to go slow as I have never attempted flying geese before but I think (or hope) Tricia will be pleased!
Back to sewing! But I just had to share my progeress & excitement with all of you.