View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010, 06:15 PM
pzquilter

I made a quilt top using the Joann's Mystic Blue block of the month fabric blocks and added borders to make it bigger to fit my bed. I ended up having to make the top larger by using some of my backing fabric. When I did that...I found that I didn't have enough fabric to complete the backing with the fabric so I had to piece the backing with fabric from the backing and fabric left over from the top. I had fat quarters that matched some of the fabric from the front so I made 10.5 inch nine patch blocks from the fat quarters and backing fabric as well as solid 10.5 inch squares from the backing fabric. I alternated the nine patches and the backing blocks and made another quilt top for my backing. I made the quilt bottom for the backing smaller than the quilt top and then started adding borders of fabrics (4 borders) with the last border being the largest (six inches). This brought my quilt backing to be approximate 3 inches longer and wider on the sides and bottom. I centered the top and bottom quilts and sandwiched them. I tied my quilt. I actually like the back of my quilt better than the top...LOL. I call my quilt Mystic Blue Two For Quilt as I got two quilts in one.