Thread: A new beginning
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 07:52 AM
DonnaRae

Originally Posted by Bevanger
Anymore I stick to the $2 ones. I buy 1/2 yard of a bunch of different one to give me a variety and build my stash. I may not use it today or tomorrow, but its there when I need it. See you all at Wally World... :)

I did buy me a BROTHER computerized sewing machine there that only lasted 3 yrs. :cry: The guy at Viking had a hard time fixing it. He said everything was bolted to Plastic. Now whether thats true or not, I don't know. But I sure loved that machine. I thought of buying another, but may a Kenmore from Sears will be better.? Sears also carries the Brother I got at WalMart. Heres a pic.... What do you all think? BROTHER OR KENMORE?
I have two Brothers. One of them ( the cheaper one) I have put through the mill. When ever I have something that is going to be rough to sew I use it and it is a wonder machine. Never have had any problems with either of them. I also have a Kenmore older machine. I bought it used because it has a larger neck area for quilting. Again great machine. So it is a hard choice but I swear by Brother. I also have a Brother serger. So actually that is three Brother machines and never have had a problem with any of them. Maybe I should knock on wood, :-o but I do think they are great machines :!: :D