View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 08:51 AM
Moonpi

YES, YES!!!! That's my baby... the 19-900!!! It is made by Janome and it has been a lot of fun since I got it in December. I did, however, have to buy the quilting feet package ( around $20 )

Easy to thread, needle up/down, super-easy to do fancy stitches. On rare occassions, I have asked it to do zig-zag with the wrong foot, and it beeped and flashed the light at me, rather than break a needle. Everything I've asked it to do, it does quietly and efficiently. My overall impression was that the designer actually sewed, and didn't just make machines of all sorts.

If you do machine applique, it has a buttonhole stitch from either direction, a great feature for me. There are some fun heirloom stitches and pretty decorative ones. The throat area is larger than my old Singer, so it should handle the machine quilting alright.I have only quilted tablerunners and small things so far, no problems at all.

I got mine on sale just before Christmas, and at the time it was almost $75 cheaper than the same one with a Janome label on. They also threw in a $10 gift certificate because I had to wait in the pickup area.

Ruth Camp did a whole lot of research. If I'm not mistaken, she got a Kenmore, too. There are a lot of threads about what folks like and don't that she could help you find.