View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 09:36 AM
henryparrish76

Originally Posted by MissTreated
Originally Posted by henryparrish76
Luckily we do not have a crazy home owners association. To me Homeowners associations are a bunch of crazy people with nothing but time on their hands and nothing but busybody, noisy people ( just my opinion and if any of you are on your homeowner associations board or whatever, forgive me.)
The homeowners' association he's in now is even worse. There is a couple there I like to call the "Rosenbergs" as they seem to do nothing other than rat out "infractions" on the convenances. It's pathetic.

However, in another neighborhood close to where he used to live, there were strict rules put up by the association. One of them was the houses MUST be painted an earth tone. So one guy painted his house bright blue. The association pitched a fit, told him he had to repaint his house an appropriate color. He didn't. So they hauled him off to court, where he represented himself. His course of action included a slide projector and screen along with an image of the earth from space. His explanation was that if the earth was over 75% water, and the water appeared blue (the same blue as his house) then it would stand to reason that his house was indeed and "earth tone." He won, he got to keep his house blue and the homeowners' association changed the rules to list specific colors for those in question in the future.

M

Like I said they are evil.......LOL