Old 05-25-2008, 09:39 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by wraez
Izzy... love the crazy block!

What did you use for your foundation? I've only done paper piece foundation cuz I hate to pay for all that 'stabilizer' (I'm frugal which is why I save all my scraps :lol: ) and thought that cheap muslin might make it too heavy or thick.

I'm really taken with your fancy stitches too!

have a safe holiday weekend, hope you get to do what you love most...quilting!

It had been up to over 100 a week ago then the temps dropped, we had rain for 2 days (needed it!) and 60's today....the grandkids had hoped to go to their aunt's house to swim....way to chilly now! So the bar-b-q was called off, Yay, and I can stay home and sew....happy happy.

hugs sue
Hey Sue - Just to make you feel better, its been raining here today in Sunny Spain, so it seems the typical British bank holiday weather has followed us to Spain!!

On the example crazy block with the fancy stitches, I used a self adhesive stabilizer called filmoplast, this is very good as it is repositionable until you iron it. I went to a class in Malaga where they were demonstrating embellishing /art quilt effects, and I also did a reverse applique class with it. But you could just use a fine vilene which is fairly cheap or a good quality fine muslim and just pin the pieces to that!!

I suppose you just have to play and find out which one works best for you!!

Well it's time to disappear into my little alcove and get somemore of the crumb blocks made :D

Happy sewing!! Izy