Old 04-19-2007, 03:34 PM
ButtercreamCakeArtist

Ok, before you go and swallow your coffee down the wrong pipe over the subject, my DH bought out his aunt's fabric/crafts/gift shop for me. :D
yes, he is so great! There isn't like two tons of fabric, just like one!. lol!
I'm really thinking about opening up shop here at my house in the downstairs (I gotta quit calling it the basement bc it is living space, not what ppl usually think of a basement as being). I was thinking about opening an eBay store. I sell on eBay sometimes, but I was thinking about opening the store so I'd have the web link to my store page. I want to be open a day or two a week or by appointment at home just starting out. I'm usually home, but I don't want ppl coming all the way out here if I'm not for some reason. I'm about 8 miles out from a main road that would be a good business location. Also, we live on a farm. And my MIL and her mother have sheep and animals. When they are in a certain lot, I have to open TWO gates to get in or out of my driveway.
We are thinking about another option for that if my SIl and BIL move out our way and start using the lower drive. We just have to build a driveway down to the other road. Maybe that is an option whether or not they move, I don't know. I really don't know what shape the road is in. ANYWAY! I could be open on a certain days and have MIL to keep the sheep in a different lot on those days. Mostly, I think I would do well with mail orders and eBay.
Well, who does this? Anyone have this experience? GOt any advice for me?
I've got the stuff in my downstairs....it really wouldn't take much to get up and running. If I do well, I could expand and get more fabric. If I sell enough I can have fresh, new, different fabrics available all the time, as well as everything else to do with sewing and quilting and ....ahhhh....