View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 09:48 AM
nursie76

Well here it is! Thanks to Karla, this one has a wonderful name. Sherbet Surprise. (I just love raspberry sherbet). This was an Agatha and Sherlock mystery quilt from Homespun Hearth, so I really didn't know what it was going to look like until almost all the parts were assembled. I was a little concerned when I realized it involved stars as I never can get the points to come out the way I would like, but it really turned out nicely. (I think I cut off at least 50% of the points - but heah, that means 50% are ok too :wink: ) Colors aren't quite right, but good enough for you to get the idea.

In the end, I didn't like the fabric they included for the final border so I purchased different. I wanted it a little larger, so I added the 1 inch peachy border and made the last one 6 inch instead of 5.

I am excited about this as it is the largest top I have ever pieced. Now I need to decide how to quilt it. I will be machine quilting it and I haven't done much other that some echo, stitch in the ditch and a little FMQ any suggestions will be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-54013.jpe