Thread: dent puller
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 07:03 PM
DonnaRae

Originally Posted by treasurelady
Hi Barb! I am one of those whose ruler seems to slip frequently. I have a problem with my arms and have less strength in my hands than I would like (have metal in both arms from shoulder to elbow). My husband is going to get me one of the ones at Harbor Freight near our house so I can try it. My quilting instructor tells us all the time not to use the grid on our mats because they can be inaccurate and a variation of 1/8" or less can be a lot more by the time you get to the end of a quilt.

Linda
Linda, put sandpaper that has a sticky back on it on your rulers. Just use fine sandpaper not rough and not xtra fine. Just regular fine. The rulers will not slip anymore if you do that. I have had three neck surgeries and am on total disability due to nerve damage, loss of partial use of one arm and hand and non fusion of the neck bones. I will tell you without the sandpaper I was going nuts because I could not keep the rulers from slipping because of my left arm and hand. The sandpaper works and is cheap!! Even if you get the dent puller the rulers can still move. They basically are to protect your hands and give you more control. Was this long winded? Give it a try. :D