View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 08:00 PM
Flying_V_Goddess

Originally Posted by amma
Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess
I already knew that, but thanks for reminding me. :) I think I could make clear, easy directions (diagrams/pictures included). But I think my main problem for coming up with directions would be finding the quickest way of piecing the quilt top together, espessily for those who do rotary cutting. Rotary cutting (and doing things the fast way) isn't exactly my forte. I mean, I can see where some shortcuts can be made on my designs, but I'd probably miss a lot of things. So there's another thing I have to do some research on. Not to mention actually making the quilt and figuring out all the trouble-shooting before typing up piecing directions.
Don't get discouraged, you will get it figured out :wink: you know that when you get the process started we will all be here to help you in any way that we can :D
I'm trying not to, but all of this seems like a lot of work...the bad kind that makes you loose brain cells, nerves, and eventually all resistance to frustration and insanity.

I suppose the first order of business to research on is the rotary cutting stuff. I "get" rotary cutting, but I just can't do it myself. Its like my mom trying to learn how to play Guitar Hero---gets that you follow the colored chords on the screen and whatnot, but when she actually goes to do it she ends up failing the song. The main thing I don't get about rotary cutting is how to figure out wide your strips have to be to get the correct size for your pieces (mainly in the case of triangles and diamonds).