Old 05-10-2010, 06:35 AM
jojo47

[quote=SewExtreme]By now, Rachel, you have had plenty of wonderful guidance on sewing clothes. Just wanted to add my encouragement. Back in the 70s when a team called Palmer & Pletsch were new on the sewing scene I used to go to Seminars that they gave. I can't remember how many years it was before McCall's (I think it was them) began carrying their patterns for clothing. Both in their seminars and in their patterns they encouraged a person to 'relax' and not look at it as a monumental project. Read the directions one small section at a time and then do what they showed you to do. If you were wound up, then go have a cup of tea/coffee and come back to the next section and so on.

In their patterns they drew a cup of tea which was steaming when it was time to step away. It has always helped me. Sometimes or frequently we have to step away. I find that true in quilting also.

Let's see.... I came from sewing for decades to quilting... I would say they can each be difficult and/or relaxing.

Think of the delight you will have sewing for your kids. That being said, that is a good beginning point. Their seams are shorter. Kinda like starting out doing one block instead of a quilt with 50 blocks. Happy Sewing ;)[/quote.

My thoughts exactly! Taking a break does make things go together easier...and probably has helped soved a tricky patch in the sewing.