View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 01:02 PM
Alu_Rathbone

Wow! lol...

My mom looked at me the other night when I was telling her what I planned to do.

Mom: People actually want to buy just the tops?

Me: Yes, some people like buy just the tops, then they add in their own batting and backing and put together and quilt it themselves.

Mom: And how much do the tops go for?

Me: Anywhere between $20 and $60, as far as I've seen on Etsy and Artfire.

Mom: Thats a lot.

Me: It's home made and takes longer than say something mass produced. You should see the prices of quilts that are home made and all put together.

Mom: Why?

Me: They cost way more... upwards of $250 dollars or more.

Mom: -_-' (thats a emotcon with a sweatdrop)

That was a fun conversation. I was jsut wondering what you guys would pay so that I don't over price or under price them. I'm doing this so that I can pay my way to Monmouth IL in the summer for a camp I volunteer for, they reimburse us for our travel expense. Plus we have a day where we go with our discussion group partner to get the extra's that we need. Last year Mom drove me there and drove me home, I had just enough to get what I had to... And that was only because I gave money for gas, had to pay for dinner on the night outing (my own dinner that is). Plus I also get a few things to keep in my room snack wise.

Plus we have this secret pal thing that we do for that week, and I want to make an ITI themed quilt... so I have to be able to get the fabric that I will need. The quilt will be based on things that pop up in our camp songs, Monkeys, Bananas, Moose... If i was able to find that scene from Singing in the Rain where Fred Astaire (I think thats who it was) is on the lamp post I'd put that in too! lol

I figured I'd make things and sell them on here, since it's so hard to get a job at the moment. Any money left over from this will be for school.