View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 01:22 PM
Alu_Rathbone

Originally Posted by sahm4605
I would look at ebay or cragslist to actually sell them. A lot of time on quilting boards people like to quilt their own quilts. I would however get as much exposure for your quilt tops as possible. any place that you can sell is where I would sell them. Even if it means listing in a couple of places. With the exception of ebay. I would only do one or two on there depending on how many you plan on making to sell.
That is the plan, I'm just looking for quotes. lol

I'm going to probably try and sell them on Etsy or Artfire, I have not decided yet. I'll post them on here too maybe, if I don't get any takers on the other sites.

My mom is trying to get me to get some stuff completed so that I could possibly sell some of it at her work. I told her I'll make couple of doll quilts for her to take, as samples. Then I'll make some big stuff and what not for her to take in the fall when the school year starts up (she drives a school bus). I'll theme them for Halloween and Christmas, and then over Christmas break I'll make Valentines day stuff. Mom suggested making a few quilts for gift giving... I told her we'll see though, I'm not a one woman sweatshop. But it would be good, even if all I'm doing is making money for school.

I also told her that if I have enough made, maybe I could do a craft show or something. She said that would be a great idea. I remember her doing one when I was little.