View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 02:31 PM
I go To The Sea To Breathe

Originally Posted by wvdek
I'm sorry to reply again to the negativity about the American Red Cross, but as with any negativity, one needs to investigate further.

So, instead of relying on alll the hours of training, manuals, and service I have and still perform for them, and my DH does in Emergency Relief, I checked out SNOPE. Type in: http://www.snopes.com/medical/emergent/redcross.asp
and you will find answers to your questions/statements far better than I or anyone on this board can explain to you.

I hope this helps with the negativity and answers anyones questions.
I spoke with my Dad regarding the statement I made about the RC charging, he said after it was all over they did find out that the people that set up the coffe that you had to pay for used the Red Cross because it was easily recognized byn people in the disaster, but they were not REAL RC.
So that is what happen, as I said this happened in MN and I was living in SC and my parents did not find out until at a later time what had happened with the other people using the RC signs and emblems.. They did not go to the coffee because they were concerned about their family and possessions which they lost a lot of possesions in fact their home...no family was lost. So I owe the RC an apoilogy . I spoke with my Dad to find out if it was true what they had told me the day after the tornado. So that is what happened. But it did give a bad impression through no fault of the Red Cross. Just wanted to find out the truth from my Dad.