View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 02:36 PM
patricej
Administrator

Originally Posted by sweetburkhart
... I do miss even getting thread. Fabric shops are hard to come by in my neck of the woods. Judy of Olalla Wa
the good news is that there is nice thread available from at least two websites that's actually less expensive than the thread walmart sells. yes ... even less expensive than the cotton/poly blend.

connectingthreads.com (my source for solids)
threadart.com (where i get my variegated cottons and polyester embroidery thread)

the number of yards on each spool is much greater than at wallyworld. the per/spool prices are either around the same or lower. since a spool will last a lot longer, even the shipping charges keep you within budget. (unless you're like me. i save up and buy googobs once a year so shipping is free. :lol: )

add to that the wider variety of colors; it's all cotton; and spun with quilters in mind.

if you're into machine embroidery, ctsusa.com sells poly embroidery thread at very good prices, too.

i also haunt this website for Red Rooster brand fabric (always $2.99 per yard). even with shipping added, it's less expensive than some of the fabs at walmart. bonus: it's a brand they sell in many quilt shops. they just charge a whole lot less.

http://stores.ebay.com/CROWSNESTQUIL...Q_scZ1QQ_sopZ1

do i still hit my wallworld fab dept? natch. who can pass a rack of fabric without at least looking? but when ours downsized, i was very relieved to find these alternate sources.