View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 12:40 PM
ShellyQ

Janine, I don't have EQ6 but I have EQ5 and that will give you yardage for the whole quilt, so I think EQ6 would too. In EQ5 you need to have it in work on quilt view, then go to print on the File menu, then click on Fabric yardage. A little box will come up and you select your fabric width and seam allowances. If you don't actually want to print it off but just want to get some idea click print preview and you will see it on the screen. EQ6 should have something similar. I only use it as a rough idea cause I find it is way too generous which I suppose is better than being too tight, but with fabric being the price it is here, I find the best bet for me is to work out my own.

Also the reason I bought EQ5 instead of 6 is for similar reasons to that which you said and the program here was $320 :shock: But I feel with only that numer of activations allowed they are not thinking of their international customers it is much harder for us to get access to customer service and the program is also less well known, so is much harder to get help with and if I needed a 5th activation because of problems it is also that much harder to find a way to actually pay them the money :lol: , so all in all I thought EQ5 was a safer bet for my circumstances.

That being said I still really love the program, I enjoy being able to trial different colours and layouts without having to spend hours colouring in bits of paper, which is what I used to do :lol: