View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 04:27 AM
Rebecca VLQ

So I made my DD a black, white, and red log cabin. It's awesome. So pretty. I really like it. SHE really likes it. It's a double stuffed, oversized twin. Originally, I pinned and planned to quilt straight-line on my "regular" machine. And I found it was tough. Maddening. Made me want to cry. I'd been thinking about getting a machine and frame, and this sealed the deal. Bought the Juki TL98Q and Sturdy-Lite frame.

It's awesome. Quiet. Fast. Sews great. That's not the problem.

The blocks are 14", then sashing. Originally, I just quilted on the sashing. Then I switched horses, so to speak, and loaded the quilt and have quilted horizontally on each strip, so every 2 inches. Vertically, there's three "pairs" of quilting on the sashing.

I really, really hate how this looks. There is NO WAY to get straight, straight lines. At least for me. SOooooo.....WWYD? In a moment of frustration, I did a row of waves on the bottom border, and they look great!

WWYD? Would you pick out every single gal-durn quilting row and do something else entirely? Anyone have any suggestions for what would look good with the "modern" BWR look? I was quilting in red....perhaps that's why I'm so disappointed...because red REALLY shows, kwim?
Attached Thumbnails attachment-59709.jpe