View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 11:52 AM
bbwalkup

I'd asked the same question a couple months ago, everyone on here was really helpful. I did finally play with two different brands and found which I liked better. The top tension was what really made it work. I read somewhere it is not good at all on the bottom (and I don't remember why).
My advise, I did this with my machines at home. Is write it down!!! I wrote down in my quilting journal what brand thread on what machine and the tension I had to set it at. It may be a little different in the future depending on my bobbin thread and my fabrics, but at least I have a jumping off point. I'm one of those people (more so lately) if I don't write it down or have it right in front of me I'll never remember. I'd tell ya what it was, but I don't have it with me, but everyone's machines are a bit different, so play with the thread and see what ya can do. I also made a note in my journal for those fun metallic threads, they didn't work the same as the invisible thread in my machines, so I had to adjust the tensiion differently.
Good Luck!!