View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 03:06 PM
katier825

Originally Posted by weezie
Originally Posted by katier825
In your other post, you mention the bali pops being cut wrong. if the strips varied in size, that would throw your alignment off. Seam width variations would also do the same. Did you use a book/pattern? My book mentioned how to align the strips.

I still think it looks great!
They were cut crooked, but that wasn't the problem because I have a little see-through vinyl 6" ruler with which I measured EVERYTHING before and after I sewed, so they were pretty darned accurate. I just had a bummer of a time getting points aligned on the separator bands when it was time to put it all together. I'm seeing some good info. coming in about that, though.
Another thing that may have happened is that it could have stretched on the bias in places. When I did mine, I didn't handle it as gently as I should have and it did seem a little wavy in places. I have a habit of hanging things while working on them. Probably not a good idea with this pattern. It worked out fine though. I think yours looks great. Once you quilt and wash it, it will crinkle up a little any imperfections won't be noticable to others. :)