Thread: Weird offer
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 07:02 PM
Fritzy

Originally Posted by Maride
He even offered to send an extra $50.00 if I held them for him.
DO NOT GO FOR THIS!!!!!!! I had this happen with a set of bunk beds I was selling & he was going to do the same thing of having someone pick them up, give me extra money because he was too busy to come & look at them. Red flags went up right away especially after noticing that all the e-mails he would return to me, even after I had just sent it, were always about three or four in the morning & I would answer his like at 8:00 at night. I played along for a little & he did send a check that looked legit drawn on a business. I asked the officer at school & she said it didn't sound right either. I brought the check to the bank to show them & tell them what was going on & when they looked up the account the check was written on it flashed SCAM! SCAM! They said if I would have cashed it it wouldn't have shown up as a bad check for a few days & I would have been stuck having to pay the bank back. Another thing that raised a red flag was the way he wrote the e-mails in very bad English. I am very cautious now to sell anything to anyone unless they are local & will come & see it in person.