View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 04:39 AM
Quilting Aggi

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
1. as far as i know, none of the quilt design softwares include instructions for making the blocks.

2. EQ6 absolutely does print yardage estimates for each fabric for the whole quilt

3. i've never participated in the user forum(s) so can't express an opinion. i can tell you, though, that their tech support and customer service folks have always responded to my questions quickly, helpfully, and with respect. they've never treated me as though i was stupid ... (and i assure you a couple of my questions were about as stupid as questions can get. :lol: )

4. i don't like the mandatory online activation and max number of activations, either. however, although i could be wrong, i think if you had some sort of genuine problem/situation that made it necessary to reinstall the program beyond the standard number of activations, they'd help you do it.
I am a newbie to EQ6 myself and its my first version... but I agree with you Patrice in the few tutorials I have done, there is a feature it shows you how to find the amount of yardage for the full project. That was one thing I loved about it. I didnt' have to do all the long math to figure it out myself. Having quilted for 15 years and taught quilting for 12, I am comfortable with how various quilts and borders and sewn together. I feel comfortable with looking at the design and figuring out how it is put together.. err well so far LOL... I'm sure one of these days I will design some wild out there design and not know how the sucker is to be assembled LOL