View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 10:52 PM
Janis

Our Walmart is in the process of getting rid of their fabric. Some is going to another store, but I don't know what they are doing with the rest of the fabric. They still have some nice fabric, but I've noticed that they were getting a lot of really cheap thin fabric in lately.
They say they are going to make the party section larger. Now I ask you, am I more apt to have parties, or sew and quilt? I have only one birthday a year, but I buy more fabric for my stash. How many people have 'party supply stashes'?
As for Hobby Lobby, there is a really nice one near my daughter's home in a NW Chicago suburb (4 1/2 hours away) and they have material on sale all the time. It is better and about the same price as Walmart's newest cheap fabric. I guess I'll have to go a little out of my way and go to some Hobby Lobbys in near by towns. I have 2 about 3 miles farther than the Joann's stores.
When I stop going to Walmart for fabric, I won't be buying other things there either. If I have to go out of town for fabric, I might as well buy other things while I'm at it rather than going ot Walmart for them. Oh ya, they plan to keep some of their sewing machines. What sense does that make??