View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 04:27 AM
nursie76

Originally Posted by Momwood
Well-- I am in trouble again!!!! I ordered a design pack that is a Bernina Artista design pack. I just got it and it is a "card" My machine doesn't have a place to put this card. How do I use it?
I am so sorry you are having trouble. Don't give up, a Bernina is an awesome machine, but can be sort of intimidating. I just upgraded from a 440 to a 730 and even just upgrading caused me some stress because I knew the 440 in and out. I got her in March and there is no class until May...can hardly wait.

But back to your problem. Definitely see if you can get a class, it will make you feel a LOT better about your machine.
I don't know what model you have, but if your machine doesn't have a slot for the card, then, yes, you do need a card reader to get the design to your machine or computer. If you have to use EC on PC to link to your machine, you still need the card reader (also known as a magic box). When you use your computer with your machine, designs can be transferred by CD, downloaded to your machine from the internet, or by a jump drive (also known as a thumb drive). Just maybe, if you can't exchange the card, perhaps your dealer could transfer the designs from card to CD.

Bottom line is, your dealer should be able to, and should be willing, to talk you through all of this. My dealer has been my lifeline as I work to learn my machine until I can take the class (which is free with purchase and can take as many times as I want.)

Hang in there, you will be glad you did. PM me if you think I can help.