View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 05:33 AM
bearisgray
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Naturalmama
I'm getting a bit discouraged. Granted I've been distracted by my sister's death and all that's gone with it, and I did chose to start with a queen-sized bedspread ( :roll: ) which probably wasn't smart..... but I haven't hardly touched it in weeks. I'm afraid I'll never finish it - and I've been collecting fabrics/patterns for other quilts I want to make, so I have a backlog already. I don't dare let myself start another for fear I'll never finish this first one.

How do you do it? Does it ever take you forever? I bet you don't let yourself buy for quilts you may never get to.
My condolences on your sister's death. A loss can really get one out of kilter. (Whatever a kilter is -)

I think the only time that TIME really matters on how long it takes to finish something is if an item is commissioned and the customer has been promised a delivery date.

If you don't finish the quilt you've started, so what?

Yes, there is the cost of the materials involved - but if you'd gone to a concert, or out to dinner, or on a trip - the money would be gone - and would you feel regret about it?

Put it aside and do something that you enjoy working on.