Old 05-13-2010, 05:39 AM
Diana

There are alot of quilters turning in their 6600's on the new Janome Horizon. I just bought another 6600 for our ranch home so I didn't have to lug my machine around. I was fortunate enough to get a machine that was only four weeks old (used), trade in on 7700...it came with the full 25 year warranty. If you want a new machine, you can't go wrong with the 6600. By the way Elna is made by Janome. I have an Elna CE20 that I love...same as the Janome 9000. But for quilting, the 6600 is the best. The accufeed eliminates that bulky walking foot, the auto thread cutter is worth its weight in gold. You never have to cut threads off of your quilt or pick them off of yourself or pets. The separate motor for winding bobbins is great..less wear and tear on sewing motor.(new 7700 doesn't have the separate motor) Check the prices on the new 6600, they have come down some since the 7700 release. A good trade in is a good investment too. I don't know how I lived without my 6600. Brubaker's Sewing had two 6600 trade ins yesterday.
D in TX