Old 05-13-2010, 06:53 AM
Elisabrat

I would say from my own craft fair experience down in California you need to price adjust down a bit. I know you put in a bunch of work but people dont see that they see what would it cost me at Walmart? so very sad but true. Book marks half that and you should sell a ton.. people love the under $2.00 thing it doesnt hurt and its ONLY.. you could keep them as they are and see how the first two hours go and then I would have stickers tags with new prices ready to slap on them.. money is tight for EVERYONE so low is good. You can look at your costs into them but if you try to factor pricing in labor forget it.. it doesnt unfortunately work that way. We had a makers faire out here last Nov right in the going towards Christmas time and the people who sold sold items that were not high priced. I suggest you look here under search and do craft fair or craft faire (not sure how this search engine picks up things) and see what everyone has sold, and what they felt about it so you don't end up feeling disappointed. My best sellers were extremely simple (ie tubes) wine bags with satin strings sewn into the inseam so you could tie the bag at the top. 3 for 5 bucks went Fast.. three times I have sold them three times I have had to go back and make more for the next day.. $12 pillow covers .. sold maybe 1/2 .. so my five bits (ah youwanted two bits!) is make things that cost you minimal, take a limited amount of time and would sell fast. Also, check out the pin cushions being sold.. they seem to be sold pretty quick and are cute and different...