Old 05-13-2010, 06:57 AM
Joan

Originally Posted by sewcrafty
I also have the 6600P that I purchase maybe 2 months ago. The table, are you talking about the ext. table that comes with it or the one that the machine sits into? If its the one that the machine sits into I agree, I would not pay that amount for it either. The ext. table that comes with the machine is plastic, but is very sturdy. I also have both 1/4" feet for my machine.

This is one of the important reasons that I got the 6600. My husband works for a mfg. company and knows about machining and the 6600 is made with ball bearings, not the bush and castings that a lot of them have or the plastic interiors. He told me that it was the sturdiest machine that we looked at. We looked at all kinds and test drove them. There were some with more bells and whistles, but when I'm going to put out that amount of $$$ I wanted something that would last.

Besides that, it is a totally awesome machine!!!! I love the attached walking foot and the accu feed system is a dream!!! I can just sit there and feed it. Very user friendly machine.

I feel like a salesman, I'm not!! I just am very pleased with my purchase.

Good Luck!!!

Thanks for your endorsement of the Janome from a technical point of view. I appreciate the specifics of how it is constructed! I have a baby Janome (Jem Gold) and hope to upgrade to a 6600. I love the baby Janome, too!