View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 07:41 AM
Lori S

I receintly had to adjust my homeowners insurance policy. I had re done my sewing room and just wanted to make sure everything was covered in case of a loss. My agent originally replied by saying of course don't worry about it . Then I questioned the limit the insurance company would cover, unless a specific rider was used. He said you can't possibly have that much... To make along story short he came to 'inspect" the situation. I pulled a chunk of fabric off the shelf and said "this was $10.00. He was stunned ... counted the number of pieces on one shelf and was stunned at the value on just one of many shelves. I now have a special rider on my homeowners policy.
My point is that when it comes to fabric and supplies the value can really add up quickly. Now does that mean you should pay "full value" it has been my experience that when I have gone to estate sales and similiar .10 to .20Cents on the real dollar value is the going rate. Make an offer is you are truley interested. But do inspect the items , as you know our tastes in fabric are so different from one quilter to another. If you can't use the items or have any need ....than any price is more than you should spend.