View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 08:57 AM
clem55

I have two finished tops, one at least40 years old, and one about 35 years old. The oldest has fabrics from clothing I made for my daughter when she was little, and my mom did all the cutting a piecing, but never set the blocksd together. After mom died, I brought the blocks home, set them together with the sashing she bought, but I've never been able to finish it. the other one I just plain put back and haven"T worked on it. Part of my problem is my physical problems. We had to give away the ping pong table that I used for sandwiching, I could stand pretty straight at that table, and, I thought I would be able to get down on the floor after it was gone to pin and badste. No such luck!! Back problems started then, and now I can add knee and hip problems to the back. I did chreck once about having them quilted, but the price was more than I could spend. Plus, it's hard finding someone to do it around here. At least it was, maybe I need to search more. But price would still be hard to come by. May I ask what you ladies who machine quilt for others, charge, or an estimate for full and queen sizes? At least that would give me an idea of what to expect.