Old 05-13-2010, 10:16 AM
sahm4605

Well I haven't been diagnosed or anything, but I will end up with fibromyalgia too. Everyone on my maternal side has it. And I am already showing some of the signs. I just use lots of Advil and Tylenol. I totally understand the pain though. I think that your only problem will be pinning and sitting at a machine to sew and quilt things. there is lots of repetition there. Well at least for me. What I do when I start to get sore and hurting is just to get up and move. I had to stop cutting fabric after 40 min of being hunched over my ironing board cutting diamond shapes. Just keep at it and hopefully you will be able to find some peace from the pain.
My mom has a water bead and it really really helps her. My dad bought a regular bed for them a few years ago and my mom had a horrible time in the mornings and all day. so this Christmas my dad got another water bed. it has made a world of difference for my mom. If you don't have one you might want to think about that. especially getting one with a heater in it. to help relax the muscles. good luck. hope you love quilting as much as you loved knitting and crocheting.