View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 01:26 PM
JoAnnGC

For anyone who is interested in doing so, you may contact Walmart corporate HQ through wallmart.com. This is what I sent them today:

I am a member a very large international group of quilters who have a discussion forum on Quiltingboard.com and am writing to express our collective extreme disappointment that so many Walmart stores have discontinued their fabric departments and that there are plans to do the same in many other, if not all, Walmarts throughout the United States. For as long as I can remember Walmart has been the go-to location for affordable fabric and sewing notions, not only for quilters but also for those who sew clothing, crafts and home decor items. Despite the resurgent popularity of quilting and home sewing Walmart has chosen to turn its corporate back on those of us who have patronized your stores for so many years. We want you to reconsider this unfortunate decision and bring back this offering. We are compiling a list of Walmart stores that still sell fabric so that we can post this on our quilting board's website as a reference for our members. I would greatly appreciate it if you would email that information to me. Thank you very much. I look forward to your response.

I will be very surprised if I get a respons from them but will definitely post it if I do.