Thread: need to b****
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 06:29 PM
dar627742

after not even turning on my machine[brother6600]for 10 yrs after my husband died,i decided to try quilting again.bought a 1/4 "foot that i LOVE!problem is,my machine has a left side needle,the foot has a center hole...the second time i forgot to switch,i musthave messed up the timing.took it in to nearest dealer,was told 7-10 days.$69.95to clean,$79.95to adjust&any parts extra.after calling every wk for 4wks,they FINALLY called to say it was ready !drove the 40 min.to pick it up,thank God i tried it at the shop !!!the needle threader didn't work [did when i took it in]NONE of the embroidery stitches worked,the tool holderw/all feet etc was missingthe tension was so far off the bobbin thread was on the top.for this they wanted to charge me $79.95 !!! now they say they have to send it back out AGAIN.needless to say ,i was NOT happy.last words were that if i didn't get it back in GOOD working order in3 days i was picking it up,taking it somewhere else & refuse to pay.the next closest shop is over an hour fromhere....any suggestions about what i can do if they give me a hard time about the charges,do i have a choice but to pay them?HELP