Old 05-14-2010, 04:40 AM
raptureready

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
I have seen gloves that are supposed to help. Fibro will require that you modify your ambitions. Smaller quilts, fusible applique, precut strips, Maybe you could trade lessons with someone for help. My daughter has fibro. It is a real challenge but don't give up!
Mom kept on making king size quilts, it just took her a lot longer to get them done. She did it ALL by hand, the piecing, the quilting, the binding. She did her piecing at night while daddy watched tv. Did I mention that she was also blind in one eye? She was a trooper. She snuck a peek at her doctors notes one time and noticed that he'd written "the fortitude of a military war horse." When he came back in the room she said, "War horse, huh?" He snatched up the file and told her not to be so nosy. LOL Of course that was back when doctors knew their patients---before HMOs. Grab a heaping helping of determination and you can do anything. Sheer determination and stubborness was what kept mom going--she just absolutely refused to give in to the pain.