View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 11:25 AM
sahm4605

OMG!!!! It was like walking into a candy store and your parents telling you to look but not touch or eat. My hubby asked last night what our plans were for today and I had to tell him we were going to the Quilt Show in Overland Park Ks. He said I couldn't spend any money. :roll: :roll: :roll: ( I still spent some money but not a lot.) had to get thread for two quilts and a new ruler.
This is a real quilt show. I have never been to a real one. The one that I had been to when I was younger was more of an art show with a section for quilting in Sacramento. My mom was in the art show and so we all went. But this show was awsome. In my head I have spent well into 20,000. I know I know it is rediculous to spend that much at one time on a hobby but ohhhhhh I could have done it. :oops: So much fabric, thread, long arm machines, patterns, tools, and storage ideas. :mrgreen: mean hubby telling me not to spend any money. well it is probably for the best, i could have spent a fortune there.
The quilts were soooooo beautiful. there was this one that was purple that I loved and this small one that was painted. One of the long arm booths had this beautiful black and white one that I loved and my favorite was call angel of hidden garden (I think) it was soooo pretty. I want to go back again. found these water color pencles that don't wash away when you wash your fabric either. It is really cool.
Anyone in Missouri know when the next show in the KC area is? next year I bet. Too long to wait. hehe
When is the next show?