Old 05-14-2010, 03:06 PM
Glenn

Originally Posted by damaquilts
I just have to whine to someone who will understand. I bought a shed to put my vintage machines and extra stuff in since there is no room in my room for them. Of course we had a bad rainstorm here a while back and it leaked. Well I started tearing stuff out today and found out it looks like its been leaking for awhile. Both my vintage Vikings got soaking wet. The one was my old one that I bought new back in the late 70's the other was one my brother got off ebay for me. It was immaculate. Now the carrying case is a complete ruin and the machine is rusted and won't move and the books are mildewed. I am just sick. So I have decided that the vintage machines I do have need new homes some place with someone who has room to care for them. I am working on getting the Vikings moving again. Hopefully they both will. My 6370 is moving but it lost some more of its paint and the 6430 is rusted stiff. I just sprayed that one with oil to try and loosen it up. I worked so hard to get my 6370 running again and now this. I don't want anymore to be ruined. I moved my Kenmore in the house in the space where the treadle was just need to put the machine in the cabinet.
damaquilts, so sorry to here about the storage shed, wish I could be there to help. I am going into town on Monday to the dentist and will mail your long bobbin to you. Glenn