Old 05-15-2010, 09:26 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
okay, no bullsh**** here...how bad is this? I think I will re-do it, because I actually really dislike how the fabric looks. The print is too big and it gets funky when reconstructed into the block. But this was me really, really trying. There must be a better way!! Any thoughts? Is it awful? I'm trying to keep the "grand scheme" in mind too...
I think you had a great go at it Rachael - it isn't wonky or anything, but your fabric placement makes it look a bit lopsided. If you compare the two sides at the top of that central bookmark shape, the right side light strip doesn't go all the way to the top compared to the left side.

If you look at the bottom of the bookmark shape, and the two strips of light fabric that go on either side of the point of the bookmark shape, one is much longer than the other one. If you can put those right when you redo, you will have cracked it.

I think what I am trying to say is that the left side of that bookmark shape is great, and the right side isn't quite the same.