View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 07:51 PM
Flying_V_Goddess

I have never done a commision quilt for anyone. I have tried doing commisions for artwork, though...pain in the *** I tell you. People were either too vague or have a billion very specific details when it comes to what they want...and usually it never looks all that great...and sometimes halfway through they'd change their mind and want it changed. I decided a while ago I wasn't going to go quilt comissions.

A while ago I told a friend of mine about the series of stained glass Zelda wall hangings I want to do and without missing a beat he asked if I would do one. Not the one of the ones I plan on doing, but a totally different one---I'm doing the windows depicting the sages shown in the Master Sword room, he wanted something that was done for the official artwork (they did a series of stained glass windows of Link). No way I was going to do one of the official artwork stained glass pictures---those are WAY more detailed than the ones I'm doing (and those have a lot of details with at least 10 colors) and would cost a lot of $$$. If I had agreed to do it I'd probably be sitting here telling the horror stories of how well that went.