Old 05-16-2010, 01:20 AM
sewcrafty

Originally Posted by Gal
I know it is because we all live in differerent parts of the world and call things by different names but I would really like to know what these fabrics are called in your part of the world (discriptions etc) so I can work out what you all are meaning. Things like Kona Cotton, what is that? I know about Homespun, Calico and craft Calico, but what about quilters muslin, where I live muslin is so thin you use it to strain fruit when making jam etc, can't imagine quilting with it! I would appreciate it very much if some one would take the time to explain these differences to me. I used to work in fabrics, (all kinds) so I know it is going to be a 'brand thing' and not easily described over QB but it would help me to understand what is being used for the various projects.
Thank you so much in advance!

Gal
I saw a show on this a while back and I believe for a lack of a better way of saying it, basically all cotton fabric starts out as muslin. Kona cotton is a brand of solid colored fabric, I believe its Kaufman that puts it out. As there are different grades of muslin there are different grades of calicos, etc. Once they become printed on they become something else. I just woke up so I hope this makes sense.