View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 07:30 AM
doowopddbop
Banned

For the fourth consecutive year, my Design Challenge team has won recognition at the Home Machine Quilting Show! My friend Deb, her daughter Kami and I (aka The Midnight Quilters) placed third with our quilt, "Dragon in Fantasy" which also came with a cash prize. This year's theme was "Every Quilt Tells a Story."

I really enjoy these design challenges. Fabric and batting is supplied by the manufacturer, and individuals or groups design a quilt with certain rules to follow, such as number of participants, size of quilt, and using additional fabrics. This year's fabric sponsor was Riley Blake Designs, with their "Sublime" line of fabric. What would you do with these fabrics??

The finished quilts are then auctioned for charity. This year they raised over $4500 for PJ's Forgotten Children. Our cute little quilt brought in $875, and those bidding on it were a school teacher and the fabric designers themselves! The school teacher won the bid, and now the fabric designers would like us to make another for them! Everyone wins!

Here are some slideshows of previous year's Design Challenges:
http://quiltscapesquilting.blogspot....ow-design.html

"Every Quilt Tells A Story"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]68391[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-68386.jpe   attachment-68462.jpe   attachment-68463.jpe   attachment-68637.jpe