Old 05-16-2010, 08:39 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
WOW!!! Everytime I look at your work, I think "what the he** was I thinking?? Look at that work, it's freakin flawless...I am glad you live so far away. Mine will never have to sit next to yours. The flaws would leap out at you way too fast. Your quilt is going to be a museum piece - I hope you realize that.

Do me a favor, in your will...will you be sure to bequeath it to someone in particular who will take perfect care of it and perhaps get it into a museum of quilts someday?? It must remain a work of art...that's what it is.
Thanks Wil and Esq., it's funny you should mention wills, my brother has been taking a close interest in this quilt ever since I started making it, and jokingly asked if I would leave it to him in my will, and I have! I rewrote my will a couple of months ago and included this quilt in it for him, but he has promised to keep it in the family and not let it go anywhere else.

Mine is no more special than any of your quilts - you are all doing great work, and your Janes will look just as good when you get to the corners. I have really enjoyed making this quilt, but in a funny way, I am more proud of my snowflake quilt because I designed that myself. This one has already been done, and there are probably hundreds, if not thousands of repros. around now. The only input I had really was to choose my colour scheme, so I am still looking forward to seeing how that comes out when I get it together.