Old 05-16-2010, 07:06 PM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by quilt addict
Hello my name is Lisa and I am a sewing machine addict. I am going to have to block myself from Craig's list. I think I am getting okay deals, but now have more then a years work I think. Sorry I cannot get pictures of the machines and cabinets. I live alone and cannot afford to hurt my back again getting them out of the car. I will have to get a friend over to help. So three to add to the work pile and come up with names.

Domestic Series 153 Serial #153-127675, cabinet needs to be refinished but solid ($50). Has buttonhole attachment, other attachments and manuals.

Singer Model 15 ($70) that showed pictures of a few days ago with I think it is called the Gingerbread decals. The cabinet will need major work as half the laminate is gone on the top. The machine looks like someone tried to paint the bed, there was black paint over part of serial number #G3294489, 25,000 alloted October 29, 1913. The paint on the bed has lots of crazing, but decals are pristine. Bag of feet attachments in the drawer.

And 3rd - Singer serial # 260 6332 then large space and 45332. Picture below shows most decals gone and paint on bed missing, shuttle doors rusted shut. The coffin top cabinet needs resurfacing and the coffin top is missing one side. ($45)

No more buying until I have one up and running. The whole idea was to try a treadle machine. :?
Hello Lisa I am a sewing machine addict too. Unfortunately we are enablers here and I am starting to find myself going to estate sales, thrift stores, and I have been known to dumpster dive along with curbside shopping for things I can flip to foot the bill for the next fix. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And just think if I did not open this shop I would have missed all of these wonderful machines you all keep coming up with!!!! And Lisa you are getting as bad as I am!!

I love the model 12 Singer that is my all time favorite machine!!!! I am waiting for mine to come from France and I can not wait to play with it. I can not believe that you gave only $45 for the machine. You go girl!!

That does it I am coming out there to see you and when I do, we are going to hang out for awhile and going machine shopping!

Billy